Call for Abstract
15th International Conference and Exhibition on Metabolomics & Systems Biology, will be organized around the theme “Metabolomics:Recent trends and future challenges”
Metabolomics Congress 2019 is comprised of 16 tracks and 90 sessions designed to offer comprehensive sessions that address current issues in Metabolomics Congress 2019.
Submit your abstract to any of the mentioned tracks. All related abstracts are accepted.
Register now for the conference by choosing an appropriate package suitable to you.
Cancer biomarkers have many potential applications in cancer treatment, including screening, diagnosis, risk assessment, prediction of response to treatment, and monitoring of progression of disease. Metabolomics is growing in the field with particular attention to its application as a biomarker in cancer diagnosis. Biomarkers of disease could incorporate a wide scope of biochemical elements, for example, lipids, proteins, sugars, and little metabolites, nucleic acid, cytokinetic and cytogenetic parameters etc.
- Track 1-1Cancer metabolomics and diagnostic biomarkers
- Track 1-2Current metabolomic methodologies
- Track 1-3Applications of metabolomics in oncology and biomarker discovery
- Track 1-4Metabolite platform for robust validation of biomarkers
- Track 1-5Metabolomics in pharmaceutical research
- Track 1-6Cancer metabolism meets systems biology
- Track 1-7Novel approaches to cancer therapeutics
- Track 1-8Cell-based biomarkers for cancer immunotherapy discovery and development
Metabolic syndrome in short words can be explained as a group of conditions which includes increased blood pressure, abnormal cholesterol, high blood sugar, excess body fat around the waist and or triglyceride levels, that occur together and increase your risk of heart disease, diabetes, and stroke. Most of the disorders associated with metabolic syndrome have no symptoms, although it is closely linked to overweight or obesity, insulin resistance, and inactivity. Recent researches proved that prolonged chronic stress can be a cause for metabolic syndrome by disrupting the hormonal balance of the hypothalamic-pituitary-adrenal axis. Metabolic syndrome can be prevented or reversed by adopting a few numbers of lifestyle changes, including losing weight, regular exercise, a healthy diet, stopping smoking, and cutting down on alcohol.
- Track 2-1Metabolomics in cardiovascular diseases
- Track 2-2Metabolomics in neuroscience and neurology
- Track 2-3Metabolism and diabetes
- Track 2-4Metabolomics and mechanistic study
- Track 2-5Methodology development of metabolomics
- Track 2-6Metabolomics and traditional medicine study
- Track 2-7Metabolic and endocrine science
Metabolomics had profound importance in recent years in context to its applications in the field of drug development and drug discovery. With recent advances in the field of metabolomics, it can be proved as a major tool for innovative therapeutic discoveries. Metabolites have non-invading nature and close relation to the phenotype. That makes it a perfect tool for the pharmaceutical, agricultural industries, and preventive healthcare among others. In the agricultural/chemical industry, metabolomics may be used to develop pesticides and herbicides. With increasing importance being placed on health and safety related aspects of our food, metabolomics can potentially be a valuable tool in quality control and food processing, or in plant breeding for improved crop varieties and in the development of novel foodstuffs Centre for Metabolomics is associated with therapeutic metabolomics. Computational immunology is a field of science that incorporates high-throughput genomic and bioinformatics ways to deal with immunology.
- Track 3-1Metabolic phenotyping in disease diagnosis
- Track 3-2Interactions between immunity and metabolism
- Track 3-3Computational immunology
- Track 3-4Systems immunology
- Track 3-5Epigenetics of trained innate immunity
- Track 3-6Applied Immunology and immunotherapy
- Track 3-7Application of metabolomics in autoimmune diseases
Metabolomics is the study of exogenous and endogenous low atomic mass metabolites inside of a cell, tissue, or biofluid of a life form. The sub-control of environmental metabolomics is the utilization of metabolomics strategies to investigate the connections of life forms with their surroundings. Plant Metabolomics deals with the evaluation of plant framework at the sub-atomic level giving a non-one-sided characterization of the total metabolite pool (metabolome) of plants under particular conditions whereas environmental metabolomics is the utilization of strategies to find out the relationship between life forms with their surroundings. Using Metabolomics, a better understanding of the correlation between biochemical composition and genes of plant tissue in response to its environment (phenotype) can be obtained, and this information can be further used to assess gene function (genotype). Four joint U.S. also, Japanese research groups have been recompensed subsidizing totaling about $12 million (about Yen 960 million) to grow new indeed well-disposed strategies to expand the creation of renewable biofuel and lessen pesticide use.
- Track 4-1Green systems biology
- Track 4-2Recent developments in environmental metabolomics
- Track 4-3NMR-based metabolomics in wine science
- Track 4-4Toxicology and drug metabolism
- Track 4-5Linking metabolomics with quality traits in crop plants
- Track 4-6Applications of metabolomics in plant metabolomics
- Track 4-7Toxicometabolomics
Obesity has become a global health problem that contributes to numerous life-threatening and disabling diseases, such as type 2 diabetes mellitus and coronary artery disease. The long-term results of traditional weight loss therapies, including diet, exercise, and medications, are relatively poor. Bariatric surgery is the most effective treatment of morbidly obese patients to allow substantial, sustained weight loss and to improve or resolve obesity-associated comorbidities, thereby reducing mortality.
Synthetic biology main purposes are to create novel biological functions and systems by combining biology with engineering. The workflow of the development of novel biological functions with synthetic biology is ideally linear which will be attainable with the quantitative engineering approach, high-quality predictive models, and libraries of well-characterized parts. In particular phases of synthetic biology workflow different types of metabolic models, mathematical representations of metabolism and its components, enzymes and metabolites are useful.
- Track 6-1Computational analysis of metabolic systems
- Track 6-2 Importance of quantification in “omics” measurements
- Track 6-3Metabolite biomarker testing and clinical translation
- Track 6-4Genetic architecture of the human metabolome
Molecular Medicine stimulates the reflective of the biological mechanism of disease at the cellular and molecular levels for enhanced treatment, prevention and diagnoses of disease. Proteomics plays a vital role in molecular medicine and medical research, such as in diagnostics and drug discovery, because of the connection between genes, proteins, and diseases. It is considered to be the next step in modern biology. Proteomics is dynamic compared to genomics because it changes constantly to reflect the cell’s environment. The main objectives in the area of proteomics are; identifying all proteins in different samples and analyze differential protein expression , characterize proteins by studying and identifying their function, recognize protein interaction network and cellular localization. Cancer biologists have made the first attempts to utilize proteomics for prognostic and diagnostic purposes. Recently developed serum-based proteomic pattern diagnostics, which is a new method of diagnosis and disease identification for ovarian cancer detection.
- Track 7-1Cellular medicine
- Track 7-2Current advances and clinical aspect of molecular medicine
- Track 7-3Pathology and molecular medicine
- Track 7-4Applied proteomics and molecular medicine
- Track 7-5Molecular medicine and personalized healthcare
- Track 7-6Best Practices in Personalized and translational medicine
- Track 7-7Detection and characterization of circulating biomarkers
Transcriptomic studies deals with the measurement of simultaneous expression of up to thousands of genes and can be used to identify which genes are down or up regulated under certain conditions. Metabolic pathway is a series of concoction responses occurring inside a cell. In a pathway metabolite, the beginning compound is changed by an arrangement of synthetic responses. These responses are catalyzed by enzymes. These chemicals frequently require dietary minerals, vitamins, and different cofactors to work. Metabolic pathways are classified as anabolic and catabolic pathways.
- Track 8-1Metabolomics and phytochemical genomics
- Track 8-2Structural biology
- Track 8-3Integration of proteomics and systems approaches
- Track 8-4Signalling pathways
- Track 8-5Identification of metabolites using high resolution
Nutritional metabolomics is using chemical profiling of small molecule to support the assimilation of nutrition and diet in complex biosystems research. Nutrigenomics is a branch of nutritional genomics and is the study of the effects of foods and food constituents on gene expression. Foodomics derived from the digestion and biotransformation of foods and their constituents in which MS techniques are considered indispensable.
- Track 9-1Metabolomics of genetically modified crops
- Track 9-2Metabolomics in nutrition research
- Track 9-3Dietary metabolites and cellular metabolism
- Track 9-4Nutrigenomics and plant functional genomics
- Track 9-5Food safety and contamination assessment using metabolomics
- Track 9-6Applications of metabolomics to food processing
Metabolomics studies can provoke enhanced cognizance of disease instruments and to new indicative markers furthermore redesigned perception of medication for the solution or xenobiotic impact and expanded capacity to anticipate singular variety in medication reaction phenotypes. Howard University Center for Computational Biology and Bioinformatics (CCBB) is to empower and drive the use of computational approaches to manage the examination of biomedical and disease frames. New programming and progressively complex NMR metabolite spectral databases are inducing the fascinating limits of NMR spectroscopy to perceive and assess little particles in the answer for examinations of metabolite biomarkers and metabolic flux. MS appreciates a solid point of interest in affectability contrasted and NMR and, through utilization of various blends of chromatographic techniques and mass/charge partition innovations, gives the capacity to gauge a more extensive cluster of little particle metabolites.
- Track 10-1Systems Biology approach in regulation of biochemical processes
- Track 10-2Metabolomics applications in drug developments and disease study
- Track 10-3Stem cell metabolism
- Track 10-4Biomedical applications of computational NMR
- Track 10-5Metabolomics screening
- Track 10-6Signal transduction
- Track 10-7Biomarkers research
- Track 10-8Chemoinformatics Approaches for Metabolomics Data Analysis
Precision medicine is rapidly developing tool for medical treatment to a small group or even individual patients based on their genetics, lifestyle and environment. It relies heavily on developments in systems biology and Metabolomics disciplines, including metabolomics. While a few advances in prescription have been made, the practice is not as of now being used for most diseases.
- Track 11-1Pharmacometabolomics and precision medicine
- Track 11-2Clinical applications of precision medicine
- Track 11-3Precision medicine for mental disorders
- Track 11-4Advanced biomarkers for precision Medicine
- Track 11-5Biomarker analytics for translational research
- Track 11-6Molecular biological profiling
Clinical metabolomics involves the application of clinical laboratory protocols, standards, and oversight of a global biochemical profiling technology whose results are interpreted relative to a reference adherent. The inevitable role of lipids in cell, tissue and organ physiology is explained by a large number of genetic studies and by many human diseases that involve the blockage of lipid metabolic enzymes and pathways. Examples of such diseases include diabetes, cancer as well as infectious diseases and neurodegenerative diseases. Within metabolomics, lipidomics has its own identity. Analytical approaches such as LC and MS for system-level analysis of lipids and their interacting partners now make this field a promising area of biomedical research, with a variety of applications in drug and biomarker development.
- Track 12-1Translational biomarker discovery
- Track 12-2Metabolic interactions
- Track 12-3Clinical applications of metabolomics
- Track 12-4Metabolomics and mass spectrometry
- Track 12-5Mass spec in Clinical Microbiology
- Track 12-6Forensic analysis
Systems biology is a field within biology aimed at understanding biological processes at the systems level and developing from dynamic interactions of individual components operating at multiple spatiotemporal scales. Systems biology considers organic Systems by efficiently bothering them (organically, hereditarily, or artificially); observing the quality, protein, and educational pathway reactions; incorporating these information; eventually, planning numerical models that portray the structure of the framework and anticipate its reaction to individual irritations. Integrated “omics” approaches have made energizing open doors for Systems science and other organic examines. Decreases in the expense of producing genomic information have made DNA sequencing, RNA-seq, and high-throughput screening an undeniably imperative piece of biomedical exploration. The National Institute of General Medicine Sciences (NIGMS), an organization of the National Institutes of Health (NIH) supporting fundamental research and research preparing, stated not long ago that it would build up two new divisions including one focused on biomedical innovation, bioinformatics, and computational biology as part of a reorganization that contains the dissolution of the NIH National Center for Research Resources (NCRR) which has had a history of ancillary scientific computing.
- Track 13-1Next generation metabolomics
- Track 13-2Targeted metabolic profiling
- Track 13-3Functional genomics
- Track 13-4Data integration pathway analysis
- Track 13-5Data mining and data analysis
- Track 13-6Integrating gene expression and metabolomics data
The rapidly growing area of "metabolomics," in which an extensive number of metabolites from body liquids, cells or tissue are identified quantitatively, in a solitary step, guarantees colossal potential for numerous orders including early infection conclusion, treatment checking, systems biology,drug discovery and nutritional science. In light of its capability to distinguish countless in place organic specimens reproducibly and quantitatively, nuclear magnetic resonance (NMR) spectroscopy has risen as a standout amongst the most powerful diagnostic systems in metabolomics. Metabolon, Aglient Technologies, Thermo Scientific, Chenomx and Human Metabolome Technologies, Biocrates Life Sciences, and Metanomics are the main frontrunners in the metabolomics space. They are dynamic in numerous parts of this business sector: diagnostics item improvement, profiling administrations, scholarly joint efforts, and even acquisitions. Through the NIH Common Fund's Increasing Metabolomics Research Capacity program External Web Site Policy, the NIH has conferred more than $65 million to quicken the field of metabolomics throughout the following five years. The objective of this financing project is to impel a few center regions, including thorough metabolomics asset centers, metabolomics innovation improvement, metabolomics reference gauges combination, and preparing and instructive exercises in metabolomics.
- Track 14-1Ultra performance liquid chromatography UPLC
- Track 14-2High-throughput analysis
- Track 14-3NMR and LC-MS based techniques
- Track 14-4Metabolic profiling and biomarkers
- Track 14-5Biological signature (fingerprint) or mapping pathways
- Track 14-6Ion mobility spectrometry for quantitative and qualitative applications
In metabolomics, real endeavors put resources into the advancement of suitable scientific methodologies. Metabolomics, the most youngest field in the 'omics family, is growing rapidly. Developing directly behind genomics, transcriptomics, and proteomics, metabolomics is the widespread examination of little particle metabolites. Subsequent to most metabolites are produced by enzymatic proteins that outcome from quality expression, and metabolites give creatures their biochemical attributes, the metabolome links genotype with phenotype. Metabolomics is as yet growing, however, as merchants adjust division and discovery instruments to meet its difficulties and the examination group deciphers and incorporates the mind boggling information they are gaining. The late quick advancement of a scope of investigative stages, including GC, HPLC, UPLC, CE coupled to MS and NMR spectroscopy, could empower partition, identification, portrayal and evaluation of such metabolites and related metabolic pathways. Proceeded with improvement of these diagnostic stages will quicken far reaching use and coordination of metabolomics into frameworks science. NIH Awards $1.6M to Fund microRNA Biomarker Research in Cancer, Alzheimer's Disease . The Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation today declared $7.7 million in funding for 10 new grants to identify biomarkers for diagnosing tuberculosis (TB) in low-resource settings.
- Track 15-1Metabolite extraction
- Track 15-2Nuclear magnetic resonance (NMR)
- Track 15-3Mass spectrometry
- Track 15-4Gas chromatography–mass spectrometry (GC–MS)
- Track 15-5Liquid chromatography–mass spectrometry (LC–MS)
- Track 15-6Capillary electrophoresis–mass spectrometry (CE–MS)
- Track 15-7Ratio analysis of NMR/MS
Metabolomics, alternately metabonomics, a growing field of biochemical exploration, is a reciprocal procedure to genomics, transcriptomics, and proteomics. Direct quantitative estimations of metabolite expressions in pee, serum, plasma, and tissue are crucial for the investigation of organic procedures in typical and illness states. Subsequent to the quantity of metabolites in a natural example is extensive partition science assumes an imperative part in metabolomic research. Atomic attractive reverberation (NMR) spectroscopy is especially capable for focused investigation since it is quantitative, reproducible, and suitable for complex examples, for example, blood, pee, or tissue removes with practically zero preparing. Thermo Fisher, AB SCIEX, and Bruker likewise offer instruments for imaging MS, additionally called MALDI imaging. To meet difficulties of searchability and information reconciliation, the metabolomics group has a few activities to build up information vaults. Cases are Metabolights in the United Kingdom, bolstered by the European COSMOS (COordination of Standards in MetabOlomicS) consortium that is creating metabolomics information norms, and Metabolomics Workbench, which means to be the database for NIH-subsidized metabolomics ventures. Thermo Fisher lineups up with Fiehn on mzcloud.org, a free community database that comprises actual and virtual MS spectra with new compounds to be annotated as they are identified.